Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-29 21:33:56

Sideburns
Website

Rotating backgrounds

I use Xfce 4.10 with Fedora 17.  For a long time I used wallpapoz to get my wallpaper to change at about five minute intervals, picking the next image randomly from a list.  Then, compiz came back and I started using it.  Alas, wallpapoz doesn't seem to have any effect now.

However, there's an option in Desktop Settings to have Xfce display a random image from a list.  I've picked that, set up a list (The same one I'd used in wallpapoz.) and told it to change every five minutes, so that I can tell that it's working.  If I go switch to single image and back, the wallpaper changes.  Once.  No matter how long I wait, it doesn't change again.

For reference, here's the appropriate section from the on-line help:

If you selected the “Image list” option, you can use the “New” button displaying a blank sheet to select an existing list or create a new one, using a file chooser. You can still use the “plus” and “minus” buttons to add and remove images. xfdesktop will then randomly choose a backdrop among this list every time it starts.

Note that there's no mention here or elsewhere of the option to have the wallpaper change automatically.  Does anybody know if the option is supposed to work (because on my computer, at least, it doesn't) or if it's just there so that users will know that the devs are planning to implement it eventually?

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2013-05-29 23:51:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Rotating backgrounds

Its a bug that was fixed recently. See https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9873 which points to https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8962.

It works for me with (Xubuntu 13.04):

$ xfdesktop --version
This is xfdesktop version 4.10.2, running on Xfce 4.10.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-05-30 00:38:51

Sideburns
Website

Re: Rotating backgrounds

Thank you.  Checking, I'm using version 4.10.0, from the Fedora repos.  I'll have to wait until they update it.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Board footer