Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-26 17:56:54

ozzylivesinthedarkozzy

Xfce Log out button stalls computer

Hey guys!

I am running Xfce 4.10 on Arch Linux 64bit (3.8.11-1-ARCH).

Till recently I was using kwin (The kde windows manager) in xfce without a problem. Then I clicked on the logout button in the application menu and suddenly my computer hanged. It would hang for about 15 seconds and then the log out window will show but there will be no suspend or hibernate button!!.

To resolve this, I tried the following:

1. Went back to the xfce windows manager.

2. Stopped all kde services.

3. Googled for answers. (Found one which was kind of similar but had more to do with the slim login manager. It didn't help basically).

4. Messed around a bit with .xinitrc

All this to no avail. I hope you guys have a better answers than me because I have no idea what else to do.

Extra info: I can still go in to suspend with the pm-suspend command.

#2 2013-05-26 18:01:42

ozzylivesinthedarkozzy

Re: Xfce Log out button stalls computer

oo.. And I followed the arch wiki for xfce:
Action Buttons/Missing Icons
This happens if icons for some actions (Suspend, Hibernate) are missing from the icon theme, or at least do not have the expected names. First, find out the currently used icon theme in the Settings Manager (→Appearance→Icons). Match this with a subdirectory of /usr/share/icons. For example, if the icon theme is GNOME, make a note of the directory name /usr/share/icons/gnome.

icontheme=/usr/share/icons/gnome

Make sure that the xfce4-power-manager is installed as this contains the needed icons. Now create symbolic links from the current icon theme into the hicolor icon theme.

ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/xfpm-suspend.png   ${icontheme}/16x16/actions/system-suspend.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/xfpm-hibernate.png ${icontheme}/16x16/actions/system-hibernate.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/actions/xfpm-suspend.png   ${icontheme}/22x22/actions/system-suspend.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/actions/xfpm-hibernate.png ${icontheme}/22x22/actions/system-hibernate.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/actions/xfpm-suspend.png   ${icontheme}/24x24/actions/system-suspend.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/actions/xfpm-hibernate.png ${icontheme}/24x24/actions/system-hibernate.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/actions/xfpm-suspend.png   ${icontheme}/48x48/actions/system-suspend.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/actions/xfpm-hibernate.png ${icontheme}/48x48/actions/system-hibernate.png

Still no luck

#3 2013-05-30 07:51:32

ozzylivesinthedarkozzy

bump...

#4 2013-05-30 19:48:45

Ahau

What version of xfce4-session are you running?  If you updated to 4.10.1, you're probably suffering from the bug reported here: http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=8041

I'd suggest downgrading to 4.10.0 and reporting the issue to the Arch package maintainers asking them to recompile 4.10.1.  Since Arch uses systemd, I'm not sure the best way to resolve it; on my system, I worked around it by compiling with --disable-systemd.

Board footer