Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-07 14:50:40

nhtrader

terminal desktop icon doesn't have focus when opened

ubuntu 12.04
xfce 4.8

I have windows manager New Window Focus enabled (to automatically give new created windows focus)
  (path used to activate:  Applications|Settings|Windows Manager|click Focus Tab)

I created the desktop icon for terminal by dragging the terminal menu option from Applications|Accessories|Terminal to the desktop

Now when I double click the desktop icon the behavior of the terminal window differs from that of a terminal window opened via the menu. The menu window has focus and typing is immediately visible. The terminal window opened from double clicking the desktop icon doesn't have focus and I can't type until I click on the window.

Why is the behavior different between these two instances?

How can I get the desktop icon to follow windows manager's rule which is set to give a newly created window focus?

#2 2013-06-01 17:04:48

mrdwanderson

Re: terminal desktop icon doesn't have focus when opened

Linux Mint (XFCE)

I also had this problem. The terminal has focus when I start from the "Menu" but not from the desktop shortcut. To fix:
right click on the desktop shortcut
choose "edit launcher"
deselect "Use startup notification"

Now it works. But it also works when I revert the "Use startup notification" check box in the launcher.
I'm not sure what is going on. Now the Terminal window has focus either way. Seems like a bug... maybe... hmmmm.

Last edited by mrdwanderson (2013-06-01 17:05:37)

Board footer