Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-04 12:10:56

davymatt

Which CD/DVD/BD burning application for multi-user server

I am trying to locate a burning application that will fully function on Xfce.

I have tried Brasero, which seems to function, but I can't really release it to the general users as I can't get the help to work.  It appears not to reference the gnome gconftool-2 settings for gnome, particularly url-handlers for ghelp: constructs.

I have been unable to find an Xfce equivalent of the url-handler for anything other than http(s):.  Messing about with x-scheme-handler in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list using x-scheme-handler/ghelp had no effect.

I would guess that GnomeBaker is equally Gnome bound and it looks like Xfburn has been abandoned due to reliability issues.

Any hints on an alternative would be appreciated.  Local help would be good, as these servers will not be internet connected.

CentOS 6.4, Xfce 4.8.3 (EPEL repository), HP Proliant DL380 G7 (several).  Users connect by thin client, mainly X.  Brasero with non-working help 2.28.3 (from 6.3 distribution).

I need a working solution by this time next week or I'll have to go with Gnome 2 sad

#2 2013-07-08 20:48:18

davymatt

Re: Which CD/DVD/BD burning application for multi-user server

It appears there was an issue with the EPEL package.  Unfortunately the delay caused by trying to nail this down has caused reversion to Gnome 2 until I have time to revisit this.

#3 2013-07-08 22:48:36

MountainDewManiac

Re: Which CD/DVD/BD burning application for multi-user server

K3B is the best app of its kind that you're likely to find. It's got some KDE dependencies, but they total well under a gigabyte, so your hard drive probably wouldn't even notice. I think more people use K3B than all the other linux burning apps combined.

Oh, since you're using GNOME at present, IIRC, Nautilus has basic burning capability. Not sure if it'll do everything that you look for in a burning app, though.

BtW, since you mentioned an issue in Xfce - but were only using 4.8.3 - did you try updating to the current version of it in order to see if your issue went away?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer