Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-08 19:15:34

lazlo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-02
Posts: 12

Icon theme on the homepage

Hello
I was wondering which icon theme is used on the front page image of the website. The one with the brown folder icons and the square, matte icons?
I have the latest stable version of Xfce (4.10 if I am correct) and I couldn't find this icon theme in the settings.
Thanks

Offline

#2 2013-07-09 00:19:09

Jristz
Member
From: Sud-America
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 89

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

elementary-icon-theme or faenza-icon-theme, I not sure what of those two


XFCE :: Arch Linux
:: Intel(R) Atom(R) N270 @ 4W at 1.60GHz
:: ntel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
:: LED WSVGA of 10.1" (1,024 x 600)

Offline

#3 2013-07-09 00:22:08

Rayonant
Member
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 36

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

It is Faenza. It is not installed by default.

Edited for typo.

Last edited by Rayonant (2013-07-11 18:50:09)

Offline

#4 2013-07-10 19:00:02

lazlo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-02
Posts: 12

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

Much appreciated. I am finding lost of different versions and variations. Is there some kind of an official place to get it?

Offline

#5 2013-07-11 02:39:34

ozjd
Member
From: Hawkesbury NSW Australia
Registered: 2012-02-05
Posts: 209
Website

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

lazlo wrote:

Much appreciated. I am finding lost of different versions and variations. Is there some kind of an official place to get it?

First check if your distro packages it, that is usually the best / easiest way to get anything. If not search at http://xfce-look.org/

Offline

#6 2013-07-11 02:57:48

MountainDewManiac
Member
From: USA police-state welfare-state
Registered: 2013-03-24
Posts: 261

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

Rayonant wrote:

It is Faneza, It is not installed by default.

I think it's spelled "Faenza" (like the city).

ozjd wrote:

First check if your distro packages it, that is usually the best / easiest way to get anything.

Good tip. I ran Synaptic Package Manager, typed faenza into its search box, and learned that the Mint-X theme (I'm using Mint) includes elements of Clearlooks Revamp, Elementary and Faenza. (And that theme is already installed.) Knowing that, all I had to do was to select it to get a lot of the icons from Faenza. It won't be an exact set, of course, because that package is made up from three sets, but it does have a lot of them.

Your tip about the Xfce-Look website is a good one, too. There are LOTS of themes, icons, et cetera there. Now if only they'd install some kind of basic "bot-killer" routine to block non-human users (and their IP addresses) so that people didn't have to wade through all the ads for drugs and body-part enhancement when trying to read the reviews, lol.

Regards,
MDM

Offline

#7 2013-07-11 18:52:47

Rayonant
Member
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 36

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

MountainDewManiac wrote:
Rayonant wrote:

It is Faneza, It is not installed by default.

I think it's spelled "Faenza" (like the city).

Yeah it was a typo, sorry for that.

MountainDewManiac wrote:
ozjd wrote:

First check if your distro packages it, that is usually the best / easiest way to get anything.

Good tip. I ran Synaptic Package Manager, typed faenza into its search box, and learned that the Mint-X theme (I'm using Mint) includes elements of Clearlooks Revamp, Elementary and Faenza. (And that theme is already installed.) Knowing that, all I had to do was to select it to get a lot of the icons from Faenza. It won't be an exact set, of course, because that package is made up from three sets, but it does have a lot of them.

Your tip about the Xfce-Look website is a good one, too. There are LOTS of themes, icons, et cetera there. Now if only they'd install some kind of basic "bot-killer" routine to block non-human users (and their IP addresses) so that people didn't have to wade through all the ads for drugs and body-part enhancement when trying to read the reviews, lol.

Regards,
MDM

The Official Faenza Icons can be downloaded from the Tiheum page on DeviantArt: http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228

Last edited by Rayonant (2013-07-11 18:54:59)

Offline

#8 2013-07-11 19:43:04

lazlo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-02
Posts: 12

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

@MountainDewManiac I tried the package manager but nothing came up.
I also stumbled on the xfce look site but I found some older version.

I managed to find something on google code yesterday but I was really buggy so I ended up uninstalling it.

@Rayonant thanks for the link, I will give it a try.

I might stay with the default icons in the end big_smile


--edit
Just noticed that the deviant art link leads to the google code project I found yesterday big_smile

Last edited by lazlo (2013-07-11 19:44:36)

Offline

#9 2013-07-11 20:46:27

Rayonant
Member
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 36

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

lazlo wrote:

@MountainDewManiac I tried the package manager but nothing came up.
I also stumbled on the xfce look site but I found some older version.

I managed to find something on google code yesterday but I was really buggy so I ended up uninstalling it.

@Rayonant thanks for the link, I will give it a try.

I might stay with the default icons in the end big_smile


--edit
Just noticed that the deviant art link leads to the google code project I found yesterday big_smile

¿buggy? ¡it is an icon set!, if you mean the install script, you can always extract them and put the on /home/user/.icons or system wide on /usr/share/icons.

Last edited by Rayonant (2013-07-11 20:46:38)

Offline

#10 2013-07-12 12:41:04

lazlo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-02
Posts: 12

Re: Icon theme on the homepage

Rayonant wrote:
lazlo wrote:

@MountainDewManiac I tried the package manager but nothing came up.
I also stumbled on the xfce look site but I found some older version.

I managed to find something on google code yesterday but I was really buggy so I ended up uninstalling it.

@Rayonant thanks for the link, I will give it a try.

I might stay with the default icons in the end big_smile


--edit
Just noticed that the deviant art link leads to the google code project I found yesterday big_smile

¿buggy? ¡it is an icon set!, if you mean the install script, you can always extract them and put the on /home/user/.icons or system wide on /usr/share/icons.

Yeah, folder icons are blank some icons appear as a red cross and some icons appears as intended.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB