Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-01 10:06:11

Shaunthesheep

XFCE is great

I just recently got back into Ubuntu Studio (12.04 LTS) after a break of some years and discovered the XFCE environment. I really like it and prefer it over Unity and  Windows 7. I particularly like having the Taskbar at the top when surfing the web. The minimised application tabs are much handier in that location and it is easy to switch between them and Firefox tabs.

The dock is also well placed and I like the fact that it disappears from View when it is not being moused over. Very well though out.

Last edited by Shaunthesheep (2013-07-01 10:07:05)

#2 2013-07-22 07:06:01

textillis

Re: XFCE is great

Hi Shaun, with a tag like that, you gotta be an aussie or a kiwi, i'm guessing.
Anyway, no matter: I'm from NSW, Aus.
New to Slackware under Xfce and loving it.

I just wondered, since there is a long list of unanswered question, what the activity is like on this list.
In case it is dead, first:
1. Have you made much progress in 3 weeks since you joined?
2. Could I ask you a few questions about configuration that I haven't had any luck with?
thanks

Regards,
Tex
-----
Death breaks no promises, takes no vacations, makes no innovations.

#3 2013-07-23 02:13:32

ozjd
Website

Re: XFCE is great

Hi Tex

Nice to see another Aussie here.

The forum is quite active. There have been about 8 new post in the last 24 hrs. Most threads attract some responses. However it is important to as the right questions. Distros specific questions are less likely to be solved and should be asked on the distro's forum. Post what questions you have, new thread for each question with a good title usually gets a better response.

Board footer