Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-02 18:25:56

Shadow Reaper

How to change xfce4-session-logout default option to shutdown

Hi everyone, I just want to ask you how to change the default option of xfce4-session-logout from 'logout' to 'shutdown'. I find it kinda annoying that I can't just hit enter after pressing the shutdown button, specially when I'm in a hurry. If you know how to change this default option then I'll be glad to know it.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2013-09-02 19:12:07

MountainDewManiac

Re: How to change xfce4-session-logout default option to shutdown

While not answering your question, I can suggest a way to make shutting down your computer quick, great for...

Shadow Reaper wrote:

specially when I'm in a hurry.

Go to /Settings/Power Manager and set the "When power button is pressed:" option to "Shutdown." Then, whenever you tap your computer's power button, it will perform a normal shutdown.

It would still be nice to know how to do what you asked - for desktops set up so that the user is not within reach of the power button, for example - but perhaps the above will be helpful until you find the answer.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2013-09-02 19:49:50

Shadow Reaper

Re: How to change xfce4-session-logout default option to shutdown

Thanks for answering MountainDewManiac, but what you're proposing isn't what I need. Mainly, I want the power button to ask me what to do in case I accidentally press the it, and ocassionally when I need to reboot. But if it doesn't ask me then I can just lose my work by accidentally pressing it and that's a lot worse than having to click on the shutdown button instead of just pressing enter. So I just hope anyone can help me out with this, because it's really important to me.

Last edited by Shadow Reaper (2013-09-02 20:06:36)

Board footer