Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-19 15:44:26

allanrps

Gala Alt-Tab functionality

I installed a clean Xubuntu 13.04 a couple days ago, and since then I have replaced xfwm4 with gala and made some other adjustments. For the last couple days applications would not gain focus when opened, and would often open in the background, hotcorners would not work, and alt-tab would still use the xfwm alt tab rather than the gala alt-tab. After a handful of reboots, the hotcorners and focus settings miraculously started working. Hurray!
I went into dconf and remapped alt-tab from 'switch applications' to 'switch windows' under org/gnome/desktop/wm/keybindings, and that got alt-tab to activate the gala windows cycler instead of the xfwm one, but if I hold alt and repeatedly press tab, like I would in any window cycler, it merely reactivates the shortcut and thereby close the window cycler. If I hold tab and use the arrow keys, it functions as one would expect. Anybody know how to fix this issue?

#2 2013-10-19 16:08:11

allanrps

Re: Gala Alt-Tab functionality

I spoke too soon about the focus problems. They seem sporadic. Its a pain when I press alt-F2 to run my application finder and then have to find the window underneath my other windows.

Board footer