Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-19 16:44:07

xfcerocks

Hidden panel slightly overlaps undecorated terminal

I'm using xfce4 and devilspie2 to undecorate some windows including "Terminal" windows. I have one panel hidden on the bottom of the screen and one panel hidden on the left side. I'm really happy with the layout except that the panel hidden on the left side overlaps the edge of an undecorated Terminal window by a few pixels. Any ideas for preventing this?

#2 2013-10-29 09:12:03

xfcerocks

Re: Hidden panel slightly overlaps undecorated terminal

Any ideas?

#3 2013-10-29 10:28:54

ToZ
Administrator

You could change the panel's Background alpha setting to 0 rendering the panel background fully transparent. Then you wouldn't see that couple of pixels strip when the window was hidden. Of course, this will make the panel background transparent, which may or may not be to your liking.

Last edited by ToZ (2013-10-29 10:29:38)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2013-10-29 20:22:36

xfcerocks

Thanks ToZ, not a bad idea at all.  Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

#5 2013-11-01 11:21:10

MountainDewManiac

Not an idea as to what you could do, but a queston brought on by your post: That pixel (or two) of visible "hidden panel" that we see... Does the panel appear when we hover our mouse cursor on that visible portion (edge?) of the panel - or does the act of placing our cursor against the edge of the screen activate the panel? If the latter, no problem; but if the former is what activates the panel, adjusting things somehow so that the portion of the panel(s) that is (/are) always visible might make it unusable (unless there is a keyboard combination for "activate/display panel).

Just thinking in text, lol, this might be a non-issue and have no bearing on what you are trying to accomplish (IDK).

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer