Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-20 16:16:23

allanrps

Bad Panel Icons

The icons in the indicator applet and Clipman are shrunken and therefore have full quality. My panel size is 24, and i have both 22px and 24px icons. It seems that the 22px icons are used, but shrunken. The battery indicator in my panel is from the notifications area, and it looks like it should. However the others do not. It is worth noting that when I put my mouse over the battery indicator, there is no change in the applet appearance. When i put my mouse over the volume, network, clipman, and keyboard layout applets, they are all highlighted. Any ideas on how to get my icons to render right?

5y4E5GnU9ZHPpcAaWquGGY

--Allan

#2 2013-10-20 17:19:21

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Bad Panel Icons

I've always found the panel icon rendering a little inconsistent. You can try different icon themes or manually replace/resize the icons. I've resorted to both and have the following look (panel size = 23, icon theme = custom Faenza that inherits Faenza-Dark for those icons):
psnel-icons.png
(panel icons = custom genmon, mail, notification(bluetooth, dropbox, battery), indicator(sound, network), action buttons)

There are some config settings for the notification area (Panel Preferences->Items Tab->Notification Area->Edit), specifically:
- minimum icon size
- show frame
...that might help.

Also, if you want to get rid of the highlighting when you hover/press the mouse, have a look at post #18 here. This fix removes all highlighting from all panels. If you want finer control over which elements to remove the highlighting from, edit the last section of that code to remove the elements that you don't want the highlighting removed from.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-10-20 17:35:53

allanrps

Re: Bad Panel Icons

I have added custom icons to my .icons folder, and those are the icons showing, but the problem is that the 22 px icons are shrunk to what looks like 16px in the indicator applet, while the notifications applet displays the icons at their proper 22px. I dont especially care about the highlight, but I just saw a trend with those that were highlighted and those that had shrunken icons.

Board footer