Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-30 12:20:43

reset042

Turn off file delete confirmation in Thunar?

A minor thing, but I'm used to deleting files without a confirmation. When I hold down the shift key and hit the delete key to permanently delete a file, Thunar pops up a dialog stating "Are you sure that you want to permanently delete [filename]?" Is there a way to tell Thunar not to show this dialog, but just get on with deleting the file?

#2 2013-12-02 13:30:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Turn off file delete confirmation in Thunar?

You could create a Thunar custom action to really delete the file (with no notifications) - unfortunately, you'll then have 3 delete options.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-12-04 09:02:36

PaperNick

I don't know if this will help you, but you can hit Enter right after you've pressed Shift+Delete. I've got so used to this combination, that I don't even think about the warning dialogue.

Another idea comes to my mind now. When you press Delete button (without Shift), the file goes straight into the trash. You can make some sort of script to empty the trash automatically when a file goes there.

Last edited by PaperNick (2013-12-04 09:03:57)

#4 2013-12-04 17:54:01

MountainDewManiac

Is there an easy way to configure things so that hitting the delete key - easy to do, possibly by mistake - presents the user with the babysitting "Are you sure?" box and holding both the shift & delete keys will skip the computer nanny? Preferably with the "Trash" folder stricken from existence? (If I want to move a file - as opposed to deleting it - then I would just do so, rather than "deleting" it; the few times that I have accidentally moved a file into the Trash folder, I found myself thinking, "Linux is, on the whole, great - but I wonder why they designed portions of it for preschoolers instead of adults and children over the age of five," lol.)

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#5 2013-12-05 07:54:12

reset042

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I suppose I'll just have to get used to the new delete file key combo of Shift-Delete Enter,  instead of just Shift-Delete   ;-)

Board footer