Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-06 10:30:31

Wurger

Change the background image - the one just before the wallpaper pop up

Hello,

I have managed to change to login backgroung to look the same as the wallpaper.
I have also disabled the welcome screen so there is no additional image loading.
The only thing left is a grey background which loads after the login and before the wallpaper.
Could this be changed to wallpaper image so I would have one image everywhere?

Last edited by Wurger (2013-12-06 10:30:58)

#2 2013-12-06 14:11:35

MountainDewManiac

Re: Change the background image - the one just before the wallpaper pop up

Wurger wrote:

The only thing left is a grey background which loads after the login and before the wallpaper.
Could this be changed to wallpaper image so I would have one image everywhere?

I might be wrong, but I don't think that is an image that is loaded; instead, it is what your desktop looks like before any image has been loaded (to the desktop). I suppose one could, in theory, turn off the display and only turn it back on after the chosen desktop background image is loaded.

Imagine seeing a dining room table before the tablecloth has been "loaded." You cannot skip the loading of the bare tabletop, for it does not need to be loaded in the first place - it is already there. You can only decide to not look at the table until after the tablecloth has been placed upon it.

Err... I think.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2013-12-07 15:32:43

Wurger

Now I understand.

But maybe there is a way to "paint the table with my walpaper" somehow in the deep settings smile If it displays a grey background and the icons are loaded I see a chance to "fix" it.

#4 2013-12-07 22:26:34

Sideburns
Website

If you see the icons before your wallpaper, there's something funny going on in your startup script, because AFAIK, the wallpaper is supposed to be loaded first.  (At least, in the fifteen years or so I've been using Linux, I've never seen it work the way you describe.)  I'm not sure, exactly, where such things as the wallpaper and the list of icons are kept, but that's where you probably need to look.  If somebody knows, and will post the location, I'll take a look at mine to see what order things are in so that you can compare it to yours.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#5 2013-12-08 07:35:49

Wurger

By icons I mean the menu bar which is at bottom (before the wallpaper loads I can see the charging icon, internet,clock etc) with my setup on openSuse (which is stock - i just changed the position of the menu bar). That is the exact way it is with me - login page with custom backgorund aka wallpaper - grey screen with the menu bar loading - walppaper. With lxde it was the opposit - when I made a custom wallpaper for login page and the same for desktop it was nice and smooth and good loking to smile

Board footer