Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-03 15:42:36

majestyx
Website

[Solved] Broken Icon(s) in XFCE 4.10

Hello,

I have a fresh installed XFCE 4.10 on Debian (Jessi) I change the Iconset. Now i have two "broken Icons" how can I fix it?

First: I open the XFCE Menu - The Icons for Terminal, Webbrowser an filemanager was fine. Only the Icon for "Email Client" (Icedove) was broken. Yes i have the/a Icon for Icedove.
Second: At Filemanager / Thunar the Desktop Icon (on Left side, as Link, and also at right side view only the Folder "Desktop" is the defaut Gnome Icon. All other Icons have "my new icon set".

For the first think, i installed alacarte, but in alacart i dont see the "quickstart" area of XFCE Menue...
thank you in advance

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

#2 2013-12-04 01:36:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Broken Icon(s) in XFCE 4.10

What icon theme are you using?

First: I open the XFCE Menu - The Icons for Terminal, Webbrowser an filemanager was fine. Only the Icon for "Email Client" (Icedove) was broken. Yes i have the/a Icon for Icedove.

The default icon for that menu entry is called internet-mail.png and the proper sized icon put in your icon's apps/16,22,24,32,48,64,96 directories and a corresponding internet-mail.svg icon file put in the apps/scalable directory. Or change the icon parameter value in /usr/share/applications/exo-mail-reader.desktop file.

Second: At Filemanager / Thunar the Desktop Icon (on Left side, as Link, and also at right side view only the Folder "Desktop" is the defaut Gnome Icon. All other Icons have "my new icon set".

This icon should be called user-desktop.png and the proper sized icon put in your icon theme's places/16,22,24,32,48,64,96 directories and a corresponding user-desktop.svg icon file put in the places/scalable directory.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-12-04 09:39:27

majestyx
Website

Moin Toz ! Thank you for your's Help.

Mail icon at XFCE Menu: Well, i found the entry. It was the wrong name / spelling. (hint: i have xfaenza icons installed)
But the Second one: Desktop Icon(s) in Thunar are always "default Gnome" sad On Deviant Art (were the xfaenza icon set comes from) i read -> i have two options for installing the icon set. for *all* users (system wide) or only fo me (as user) i have xfaenza installed system wide in usr/share/icons/HERE_are_all_IconSet_Folders. Maybe this is the "problem" ?!

btw: nice sunglasses wink

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

#4 2013-12-04 11:18:07

ToZ
Administrator

Do you have the Faenza icon theme installed as well? It already comes with the user-desktop file as part of the theme and is recommended to be installed along with xfaenza.

Otherwise, the necessary files will need to go to /usr/share/icons/xfaenza/places/.... (the problem is not where you installed the theme, but rather missing icons).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2013-12-06 11:56:18

majestyx
Website

Faenza, noep. Synaptic shows me nothing ...  I have seen: the Problem is by translation. I have a German Translation . My desktop was called: Schreibtisch (Gnome Icon) If i rename Schreibtisch to Desktop i have a xfaenza Icon for. But my Files on my Desktop/Schreibtisch was gone!.  Automaticly generates XFCE a new Schreibtisch Folder (whit default Gnome Icon) And my Files from my old Schreibtisch are in the new Folder Schreibtisch...  OK, i test it whit re-name a folder.svg to schreibtisch.svg - and a new login...

#6 2013-12-07 14:43:30

majestyx
Website

ok, i have now, under;  /usr/share/icons/xfaenza/places/ and each resolution, a "Schreibtisch.png" But i see in Thunar always the Gnome Icon. I have also a user-Schreibtisch.png (the same as in gnome user-home.png

nothing helps.....

#7 2013-12-07 16:08:07

ToZ
Administrator

Maybe its a translation issue because I can change the icon by adding/changing the name.

The Faenza icon set can be found here: http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228

#8 2013-12-08 12:21:31

majestyx
Website

OK, it works! Big Thanks!

Board footer