Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-13 04:03:23

bharat_iyengar

Problem with XFCE panel and windows

I updated form fedora 17 to fedora 19 using fedup and have an XFCE desktop (4.10) along with gnome 3.

In fc17 the logout button and the other action buttons will be always (statically) remain to the right side of the panel and the open windows are between them and the application launcher.

After update the right side stuff keeps moving to and fro depending on how many windows are between them and app launcher (not static). Not a big problem but I found it irritating. I have another system with fedora 19 XFCE directly installed from the spin and that was working fine. I didn find any option in the panel settings to fix this.

So I just reinstalled xfce-panel with yum but it didn't fix that issue. Howewer, something else happened- when I maximize the windows then the window buttons [- ^ X ] just disappear. I have to right click the window and choose unmaximize in order to get the buttons back.

I reinstalled xfwm4 but it didn't fix the issue.

Last edited by bharat_iyengar (2013-12-13 04:08:03)

#2 2013-12-13 08:01:19

MountainDewManiac

Re: Problem with XFCE panel and windows

For the first, try adding a separator to your panel and expanding it.

For the second, is it possible that you have a single-resolution display (LCD) and you have set the resolution incorrectly? If that's not it, the next thing I'd do would be to see if you've chosen a theme that doesn't display those window buttons. I cannot remember, but you might be able to remove them regardless of the theme; seems like at one time I ended up with a button to "roll up" app windows and then removed it. If so, check to see if you cam find that set of options if simply picking a different theme doesn't help.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2013-12-14 00:29:12

ozjd
Website

Re: Problem with XFCE panel and windows

As MDM says add a separator to the panel just to the left of the items you want to have on the right. Set it to expand and also make it transparent so it isn't seen.

Board footer