Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-12 02:40:59

superbiskit

xfce4-terminal problem with fonts

Running xxfce4-terminal 0.6.2 on Xubuntu 13.04:
Font sizes 13 and 14 points, screen sizes 81 x 22 or whatever is large enough for my aging eyes and small enough to get the effect of a physical VT220.

All the mono-space fonts I've tried so far have simply horrible rendering of the font.  Specifically, lower-case letters aren't too bad, although the spacing between letters is rather uneven; however, the rendition of upper-case letters and non-alphanumeric characters such as '@' [that's the worst!] makes them very hard or impossible to read.  The glyphs are rendered too far to the left, and overlay the preceding glyph. 

Can someone suggest a font choice that is truly mono-spaced?  Meaning every character takes the number of pixels required for the fattest character ('M' or '@', probably).

I've tried "Andale Mono," (which is usually very readable), "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono," "DejaVu Sans Mono Book," and "Droid Sans Mono"

#2 2014-02-12 04:10:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce4-terminal problem with fonts

Any chance you could provide a screenshot?

What are your font settings set at (Settings Manager -> Appearance -> Fonts tab)? Have you tried adjusting the font rendering?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-02-12 15:50:28

superbiskit

I've looked at the BBCode helps.  I see how to reference an image that's already on the web, but I'm not set up to serve.  I hate being such a dunce, but how to I post images here?  I don't see any "attach" button.

#4 2014-02-12 16:17:16

Rayonant

You can try some services to upoload images on the web aand then use the link they provide.I suggest  imgur or postimage.org

#5 2014-02-13 19:57:59

MountainDewManiac

Or, if your PrtScn button is already configured to give you the option of posting screen (/window) captures to Zimagez(?), just use that.

BtW, do you have anti-aliasing turned on or off?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer