Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-14 05:25:51

jlownie

Thunar shortcuts button

Hi everyone,

I'm using Thunar 1.6.3 with Mate 1.6.0 on Ubuntu 13.10.  I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 yesterday (from 12.10), and when I did the Thunar shortcuts button (to the right of the location bar) disappeared.  Does anyone have any idea why this happened, and is there anything I can do about it? 

I use that button all the time and I don't want to have to constantly switch the side panel between the shortcuts view and the tree view.

Thanks,

James

#2 2014-02-14 06:45:31

MountainDewManiac

Re: Thunar shortcuts button

Have you tried doing a full install instead of an upgrade to see if that makes a difference? I've read that sometimes a dist-upgrade can be problematic, and with an OS, a DE    from the developers of a different OS, and a file manager from an entirely different DE, well, lol... A clean OS install, followed by installing the rest afresh might be a good idea in general.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2014-02-14 22:38:41

jlownie

Thanks MDM.  A reinstall of everything is a bit extreme to fix such a small problem, but I might try reinstalling Thunar and see if that helps.

#4 2014-02-14 23:42:56

ToZ
Administrator

I can not ever remember seeing a shortcuts button to the right of the location bar, in any previous versions of thunar. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for. I viewed thunar results on google images and don't see anything there resembling a shortcuts button. On my Thunar, under the Go menu, I have all my shortcuts listed, but its not a button. Would you happen to have a screenshot you could share?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2014-02-15 23:33:49

jlownie

For an example, take a look at this screenshot from the XFCE project page.  In the screenshot, thunar is in the top right quadrant.  Next to the location bar (which says "/home/landry"), you can see a button, which brings up a list of the shortcuts if you click on it.

Board footer