Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-23 07:54:46

pepkatran

It's possible to have maximized windows by default?

Hello, I've installed xubuntu 14.04 64bits with XFCE 4.10 on my netbook, and I tried to do everything I could to have more avalaible space on my screen. My question here is:
Because of the tiny screen of my netbook, not maximized windows have no sense to me. So, I would know if it's possible to run all the applications maximized by default. Even more, it would be useful to undecorate some applications, mostly firefox and thunderbird, since I always close them with the keyboard and I never minimize nothing to the keyboard.

Thank you a lot and sorry for my english. I've been using a little google translator, so I'm almost sure I said something stupid or strange.

#2 2014-07-06 19:27:01

gxagar

Re: It's possible to have maximized windows by default?

I'd like to have this too.

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#3 2014-07-06 19:31:29

ToZ
Administrator

Re: It's possible to have maximized windows by default?

You could use devilspie for this.

One word of caution, though. You can create one .ds file to maximize everything, but then "everything" would get maximized - menus, dialogs, dropdowns, etc. Maybe better to identify exactly those applications that you want to run maximized and create individual .ds files for them.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer