Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-10 21:21:55

lulzicon

Goodbye!

You have to say hello once every two months or your gone??? But when you say hello nobody says hello back ????

So, this is kinda' like a *bump* forum that you don't get flamed for, huh?

Oh and by the way... I made you look!!

LULZ

#2 2014-06-11 01:53:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Goodbye!

ahhh, I looked.

What do you mean by having to say hello every two months? Does your account get inactivated if you don't post for two months? I've never come across this, but I don't think I've gone two months without having something to say.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-06-11 14:44:27

lulzicon

That is what the description for the Say Hello category says: If you don't post in a couple of months your deleted. I just thought it was funny that all the hello post had zero comments. But, I haven't every said hello and I've used XFCE4 since KDE4 started looking like a Zombie movie( loads of bad gory special effects)

It was discovering MousePad a few days ago that lead me here. Gedit is getting tossed in the trash!! I'm hooked! The only thing I don't like is you can't open all the files in a directory like you can with Geany, without jumping through some hoops. i.e:

$ ls -p | grep -v / | mousepad

or

$ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f | mousepad

don't work because the output of "find" and "grep" are formatted with new lines so mousepad doesn't get any args and just opens. But:

$ mousepad *php *html

Will open all the php and html files in the current directory. You just have to know the file types, which, you should know.

Ok, I've rambled on enough. I'll shutup now. Nice to meet you all.

John

Last edited by lulzicon (2014-06-11 14:44:52)

#4 2014-06-11 18:46:24

dollyp

lulzicon wrote:

You have to say hello once every two months or your gone??? But when you say hello nobody says hello back ????

So, this is kinda' like a *bump* forum that you don't get flamed for, huh?

Oh and by the way... I made you look!!

LULZ

The description says "You account will be removed if you haven't made any posts within a couple of months after registration". I take this to mean that you only get bumped if you have set up an account and don't post within the FIRST couple of months. No need as I see it to post every two months just for the sake of it. Perhaps a moderator can confirm

Regards
David

Linux Mint 17 Xfce
Lenovo IdeaPad U410

#5 2014-06-11 20:22:12

lulzicon

Good point dollyp, by why so many zero replies?

I'm not one of those hardcore Linux users that go around telling people to switch to Linux, fact of the matter is I normally tell people that ask me, don't switch unless you have a reason to and if you're asking me you don't have a reason to. I know, not very friendly which is kinda' my point and one of the reasons for joining the forum, trying to be a bit more of a public user. You know... friendlier, less of a big city boy and look people in the eye and say Hi as they pass by. ;-) ... and hope they say Hello back.

Understand?

#6 2014-06-12 19:07:23

dollyp

lulzicon wrote:

Good point dollyp, by why so many zero replies?

I'm not sure why the forum has that section; I don't know any others, but then others may remove their non users quietly.

Personally I join a forum to learn and to ask questions. This forum is very good at responding and I'm glad of the help I've received; perhaps there'll come a time when I can answer and help others. Xfce is great!

Regards
David

Linux Mint 17 Xfce
Lenovo IdeaPad U410

Board footer