Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-03 16:33:33

holden

Stability of Xfce as a project

Hey guys.

Would like to know, as i haven't been following Xfce for a while until recently, but i see there's not much being written about it.

How's it standing as a project? Will it be able to maintain and go forward as it used to?

Regards,

(p.s. i see the 'big boys' getting regular funding, and that's what concerns me most about Xfce)

#2 2014-07-06 19:12:09

gxagar

Re: Stability of Xfce as a project

The project is as stable as the DE.  It's like the accompanist, not the singer.  Always there doing it's job well, just not in the limelight.  Whereas other DEs are like the singer.  They might be in the limelight, but not necessarily doing their job well.

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#3 2014-07-07 12:09:50

azim

Re: Stability of Xfce as a project

xfce is much more stable than for example so much hyped cinnamon, also keeps freedesktop.org standards, from the question i guess you have not much experience with linux and looking for some place to be comfortable in, i suggest go ahead and start with xfce, any problem you will run into, post it here on forum and someone will be able to help. So far after two years, all my 'issues' i have had with xfce were really 'MY issues' and not environment ...

Board footer