Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-07 22:20:47

xeekei

Cursor hanging as "pointing hand/finger" sprout.

Hello. I've encountered a minor but annoying issue. I know correlation != causation and all that, but this only seems to happen when Steam is running. My cursor sometimes hangs in the "hand with pointing finger" sprout. I can still click around and use it normally, and fixing it is as simply as launching a new application (like settings menu or something). It might be because it then breefly changes into the "spinning ball" loading sprout, I don't know.

A web search gave me a few hits about people having similar but more severe issues, but even if they were related no one really had a solution. There was mostly just old threads anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I solved it. I just needed to make this file:

$ cat ~/.icons/default/index.theme
[Icon theme]
Inherits=Adwaita

Marked as solved.

EDIT AGAIN:
FALSE ALARM! Not actually solved. I was either just being really lucky this time, or it occurs much less frequently now.

Last edited by xeekei (2014-06-10 12:59:34)

#2 2014-06-24 20:27:29

gxagar

Re: Cursor hanging as "pointing hand/finger" sprout.

Lucky and Less Frequently are both good.

Try changing your Feedback settings in Settings > Mouse > Devices.  I think your mouse is trying to talk to you too much.

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#3 2014-06-30 09:29:38

xeekei

gxagar wrote:

Lucky and Less Frequently are both good.

Try changing your Feedback settings in Settings > Mouse > Devices.  I think your mouse is trying to talk to you too much.

My feedback settings are just 1.0x Acceleration and 1 px. Because I don't like mouse acceleration. And it only happens when I click around in Steam.

#4 2014-06-30 17:09:08

MountainDewManiac

Might be a good idea to post a bug report (about Steam) on GitHub.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#5 2014-07-12 06:36:32

Raven

This might not be a Steam issue. I have a similar problem with Iceweasel. At seemingly random times, the mouse cursor becomes a hand and is permanently stuck that way. The keyboard still responds, but it is impossible to do anything with the mouse. The only ways to recover are to switch to a text mode console and `service gdm3 restart` or to press the RESET button.

Board footer