Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-17 04:29:57

Digger
Website

[SOLVED (sort of)] Trash Icon Not Showing in Thunar Window as Root

Hello all,

Just thought I'd pass on some hard won knowledge.

I'm using Xfce4 version 4.8 in a Debian Wheezy load.

I noticed that, when was logged in as a regular user and then opened Thunar as root, the Trash icon was missing from Thunar's left pane (Shortcuts).  However, a Thunar window opened under the regular user DID display said Trash icon.

After some research (see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=913869), I came up with an ugly little workaround.  I wrote a script with one line:

dbus-launch --autolaunch <32 characters - see below> --exit-with-session thunar $1

As you can see, the script gets passed a directory to tell Thunar where to start.

Also, the 32 characters come from my ~/.dbus/session-dbus/ folder.  There is a text file there, and the 32 character string is the "machine with id" number given in the top line of comments.

This script is called by Thunar custom actions and anything else (keyboard shortcuts, desktop icons, etc) that I use to quickly open a Thunar window as root.

IHTH someone!

Xfce 4.6.2; Debian Squeeze

#2 2014-10-11 19:06:57

lfredll

Re: [SOLVED (sort of)] Trash Icon Not Showing in Thunar Window as Root

This thread worked for my, my trash and my usb did not appear in thunar, in user sessions. Now work well, !#great job, thanks.

Board footer