Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-01 09:19:07

Eireannach

Appearance styles v Window Managers Styles

Hi,

Can anybody clarify the difference between styles on "Appearances" settings dialogue and that on the "Window Manager" settings dialogue. Are they inter-related or independent of each other ? For example does default on the Windows Manager settings refer to the the default of the style selected under Appearances ?

Thanks in advance

#2 2014-09-01 11:55:05

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Appearance styles v Window Managers Styles

They are independent of each other. You can "mix and match".

What do you mean by "default"?

Here is a recent thread that talks about themes in Xfce.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-09-01 21:41:03

Eireannach

Hi ToZ,

Thanks for the reply and reference to your other post which was very comprehensive - you should consider using it as the basis for an entry to the Wiki ?

What I meant by default in the Windows Manager was that I had ( incorrectly) assumed that the Windows manager style might be dependent on the style selected on the Appearance settings tab and that default ( on Windows manager styles) therefore simply meant that the Windows manager would adopt the default Window manager style for the style selected on the Appearances settings ( sorry if that is unclear but your answer cleared it up anyway).

So if I am right the Appearance style setting and the Window manager style setting are just two elements of an overall theme ( as explained by you) and the theme may contain only one ( or both) settings. Pity there isnt a gui to select an overall theme once thus avoiding multiple selections ( but hey! I know - that is the beauty of Linux - it is entirely customisable roll )

#4 2014-09-01 22:14:37

ToZ
Administrator

Though I've never used it, there is a third-party Xfce theme manager available that looks like it might make theme customization easier.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer