Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-01 09:19:07

Eireannach

Appearance styles v Window Managers Styles

Hi,

Can anybody clarify the difference between styles on "Appearances" settings dialogue and that on the "Window Manager" settings dialogue. Are they inter-related or independent of each other ? For example does default on the Windows Manager settings refer to the the default of the style selected under Appearances ?

Thanks in advance

#2 2014-09-01 11:55:05

ToZ

Re: Appearance styles v Window Managers Styles

They are independent of each other. You can "mix and match".

What do you mean by "default"?

Here is a recent thread that talks about themes in Xfce.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

#3 2014-09-01 21:41:03

Eireannach

Hi ToZ,

Thanks for the reply and reference to your other post which was very comprehensive - you should consider using it as the basis for an entry to the Wiki ?

What I meant by default in the Windows Manager was that I had ( incorrectly) assumed that the Windows manager style might be dependent on the style selected on the Appearance settings tab and that default ( on Windows manager styles) therefore simply meant that the Windows manager would adopt the default Window manager style for the style selected on the Appearances settings ( sorry if that is unclear but your answer cleared it up anyway).

So if I am right the Appearance style setting and the Window manager style setting are just two elements of an overall theme ( as explained by you) and the theme may contain only one ( or both) settings. Pity there isnt a gui to select an overall theme once thus avoiding multiple selections ( but hey! I know - that is the beauty of Linux - it is entirely customisable roll )

#4 2014-09-01 22:14:37

ToZ

Though I've never used it, there is a third-party Xfce theme manager available that looks like it might make theme customization easier.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

Board footer