Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-04 17:53:37

HeinzM

Wrong kind of transparency

Hi,

I just changed from Openbox to xfce. But for now, I got some problems with transparency.
How can I change the settings, so that I can see, what's directly located below the terminal.
At the moment I can see right through all open windows.
How can I change this behavior?

Sincerly,

HeinzM

Last edited by HeinzM (2014-09-04 17:55:50)

#2 2014-09-04 18:00:07

HeinzM

Re: Wrong kind of transparency

I uploaded an image, so you can see the problem on my desktop.
cw2pTL.png

Last edited by HeinzM (2014-09-04 18:00:32)

#3 2014-09-04 18:17:53

MountainDewManiac

Used to be you could put your mouse cursor on the app's title bar, hold down the ALT key, and use your mouse's scroll wheel (or comparable, if using a laptop), but they've gone and buggered it up now. There is a not as convenient method, but I'm using my phone right now and don't have the link. You might do a site-search for transparent or transparency, it was in a thread a few months back.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2014-09-04 20:33:18

ToZ
Administrator

What are your Terminal's background/transparency settings (Preferences >> Appearance)? Also, what settings do you have set for the compositor (Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks >> Compositor? Is that Arch you are using?

The Alt+"Scroll to zoom" functionality over-rode the "alt on titlebar" transparency feature. If you go to Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks >> Accessibility and change the "key used to grab and move windows" away from Alt, then the transparency feature will work again. However, you'll then have to use the new key that you selected to grab and move windows (and alt zoom). However, this is only on the later versions of Xfce. The version currently shipped with Arch Linux (in the repositories, not AUR) doesn't yet have the Alt+"Scroll to zoom" feature.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2014-09-05 06:57:50

HeinzM

I think I fixed it.
After installation of compton, all worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Board footer