Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-08 07:41:44

Wuzzl

Install XFCE Themes

Hi,

I tried to install a new theme on xfce but it doesn't work how it should. I tried to install the Equinox theme because I like the applicationbar below. I downloaded the archives and followed the instructions, but nothing has changed. But this can also be because I didn't install the libgtk2.0-dev because I didn't find it on Arch Linux. Why I need the Equinox Engine? Is that for special animations? How I can install this theme and the applicationbar? I found also this picture and I like this theme but I don't know whats the name of it. It has an fantastic applicationbar.  unknown theme

Thanks for replies.

#2 2014-09-08 13:03:43

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Install XFCE Themes

I tried to install a new theme on xfce but it doesn't work how it should. I tried to install the Equinox theme because I like the applicationbar below. I downloaded the archives and followed the instructions, but nothing has changed. But this can also be because I didn't install the libgtk2.0-dev because I didn't find it on Arch Linux.

If you're using Arch Linux, the equinox theme and engine are available in the AUR. Specifically, here and here. There is no need to manually compile the theme or engine.

Why I need the Equinox Engine? Is that for special animations?

The engine is used to extend the widgets - change the way the are drawn (eg. rounded corners, fading, transparency, etc).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer