Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-09 08:59:41

ramonsnir

Issue: display becomes "snowy"

Hello all,

I installed Antergos (ArchLinux redisto) with XFCE4 (4.10.1-5 is latest) on a brand new desktop. All was fine for half a day, then suddenly the monitor claimed "No signal" and a couple of seconds later the display resumes, but with gray "snow" with a brighter "snow" rectangle following the mouse cursor. The monitor then every few seconds turned from "No signal" to "snow". Eventually I forced a shutdown from the power-off button (after trying to access the terminal blindly and "sudo shutdown 0" and entering my password, but it didn't work - I later tried blindly shutting down the computer and was successful, so I don't think the issue was with me), and everything went back to normal. After an hour or so it happened again.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and perhaps could shed light on the way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,
Ramon

Edit: this happened again, and I noticed that the computer stops responding (mouse moves, but nothing else responds) several seconds before the monitor goes blank. I'm pretty sure this also happened in the previous two times.

Edit 2: motherboard is Asus H97M, graphics card is Radeon R7 250

Last edited by ramonsnir (2014-10-09 09:10:04)

#2 2014-10-09 17:27:48

Sideburns
Website

Re: Issue: display becomes "snowy"

Take it back to the dealer; it's probably a hardware issue.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Board footer