Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-16 22:04:33

s0ulslack

How to ask a Question

Before you ask a question, please make sure you've searched the Forum.  You can also try the Wiki, it contains a great FAQ, Tips & Tricks as well as How To's.

Things to include in you post:

• Xfce Version

• Your Distribution and Version

• If you've problems starting an application then run the app from a terminal and post all errors

• Any other information that you think may be useful (its better to have too much info than not enough)

If you question is answered please put "[solved]" in front of the title, you do this by editing you first post and modifying the subject line.

Thanks and enjoy the Forums!

#2 2012-12-14 09:16:43

Warwick F

Re: How to ask a Question

Had a happy install of Xfce4 on Mint13 Maya when a power failure has resulted in the every window loosing the min-max-close buttons and the Windows Manager & Windows Manager Tweaks icons being unresponsive. I tried reinstalling some Xfce windows management bits I guessed at in Synaptic Package Manager to know affect. I think I then tried to add KDE windows manager via Synaptic and now when I restart normally it starts into just a black screen with mouse pointer and nothing else. [I have since read I should have earlier tried  xfwm4 --sm-client-disable  but we are passed that working now]. What next?

#3 2012-12-14 10:30:57

secipolla

The first issue you had because of the power failure was a corrupted session. You could have solved it with
rm -rf ~/.cache/sessions

This doesn't happen to everyone but it seems it happens to people that use gedit (and maybe the mate equivalent) in Xfce.
Actually since you had lost xfwm4 you probably should run
xfwm4 --replace
I guess.

#4 2014-10-16 03:51:40

crazyshoujo

Hi xfce team and dear friends! I need your help smile
I am going to write language package for xfce. But there is a problem with source code. It is hard for me to understand sad Can you help me a little bit.
My question is. Where is language packages placed(code)? This is all smile

Board footer