Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-26 20:29:40

ekrboi

New borderlands game not getting mouse or keyboard input.

I'm not ready to post a bug report because I'm not really sure where the problem may lie. That is why I am here so hopefully someone can help me make head or tails of what is going on. My hunch is an issue with xfwm4, but I may be wrong. The game does work just fine in gnome-shell.. I only tried it after someone on GamingOnLinux.com suggested it to see if it works. It does, but I don't consider gnome anything an option lol. eww.

I touched on this issue after sort of hijacking another bug report (https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11067). Reverting to xfwm4-4.11.1 didn't solve it so it is not related to the bug talked about there.

I'm running the game @ 5760x1080 on 3 monitors. What happens is I can launch the game just fine, it launches across all 3 monitors without fuss and it gets to the games main menu and I can see a cursor and move it around but no keyboard or mouse input gets to the game. Oddly while the game is starting up I can skip through the intro vids by clicking with the mouse which is "normal", but pressing 'esc' doesn't skip the intro vids even though it should, so it's not getting keyboard input even at this point. It seems to be a focus issue because if I bring up the steam overlay with shift+tab I can then alt+tab out of the game and back in, and IF the game doesn't crash it will then accept input from mouse and KB and I can play no problems. 9 times out of 10 the game will crash when I try to do this.. and I know THAT is a bug in the engine/game as even in windows it will crash when tabbed out of and back.

The game does work as intended when ran on only a single monitor @ 1920x1080 with xfce.

What can I do to attempt to figure out what is going on?

Last edited by ekrboi (2014-10-26 20:37:54)

Board footer