Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-28 20:00:51

aduejazz

Is policykit needed for Xfce-logout session?

Hi there!

I'm building Xfce 4.10 into a kind of Linux from scratch box using systemd. Followed http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/building#dependencies and just compiled the bare minimum. After installing everything I'm dealing with some minor details.
The most obnoxious one is that I can't logout because of "Session manager must be in Idle state when requesting a shutdown". I've searched for solutions but none of them seems to work for me yet. Comparing my Xfce4 installation against a Fedora 20 one, seems like they are using polkit wiht systemd support to help manage session stuff (poweroff, suspend, halt etc...). I was wondering if I do need to install polkit to fix this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

#2 2014-10-29 01:29:50

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Is policykit needed for Xfce-logout session?

I believe so, yes. Its installed on all of my systems built from the git tree. If you look at the Arch wiki Polkit page, you'll find the following:

To get an idea of what polkit can do, here are a few commonly used groups of actions:

systemd-logind (org.freedesktop.login1.policy) actions regulated by polkit include powering off, rebooting, suspending and hibernating the system, including when other users may still be logged in.
    udisks (org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy) actions regulated by polkit include mounting file systems and unlocking encrypted devices.
    NetworkManager (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.policy) actions regulated by polkit include turning on and off the network, wifi or mobile broadband.

It would appear the systemd requires it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-10-29 10:20:02

Jerry3904

It would appear the systemd requires it.

Not the last time this little refrain is going to be sung...

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#4 2014-10-29 15:04:11

aduejazz

I was reviewing the upstream changes and seems like v4.11 has some patches that can fix the error I'm getting. I'll try to update to that version before trying to get this polkit-systemd integration going on.

Board footer