Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-14 14:47:32

John Coleman

[Solved] Checkboxes won't stay ticked via xfce but work fine via other xwms

Xfce Desktop Environment
Version 4.10 distributed by Arch Linux

Can anyone help me with this please?  I use gramps for family tree stuff but recently the checkboxes don't render properly.  When I click them, the tick appears momentarily then disappears again.  Interestingly, I think gramps has handled the tick event - but the checkbox is left looking unticked.  This is very annoying and confusing.

I noticed that the same gramps works fine on the same linux running a different window manager, like wm2.  What am I doing wrong ? Or should I, reluctantly, give up on xfce?

gramps on xfce

gramps on wm2

Thanks,

John :-)

#2 2014-11-14 15:13:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Checkboxes won't stay ticked via xfce but work fine via other xwms

Dollars to donuts this is a GTK3 issue (the compressed menu entries are a dead giveaway). You can search the forums here or the arch forums for gtk3 issues with Xfce since the 3.14 update if you want more info or some background.

Try changing your appearance theme to a 3.14-compatible theme like adwaita, greybird, or simpliX (I'm sure there are others but can't think of them off the top of my head) to confirm that GTK3 is the issue.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-11-14 15:36:30

John Coleman

Re: [Solved] Checkboxes won't stay ticked via xfce but work fine via other xwms

Hi Moderator,
Pure Dead Brilliant, as they say in Glasgow.  I just switched to adwaita and all is well.

Shows how much I know - but with a little help from my friends I'm making progress.
Thanks again.

John smile

Last edited by John Coleman (2014-11-14 15:37:31)

Board footer