Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-21 17:09:37

dubois

[Solved] Touchpad Pause

For want of a better subject title I'm using Touchpad Pause and am open to changing it if we find a better name.  My os is currently up to date and I'm not running anything that didn't come from openSUSE repo. 

ASUS U36SG-AS71
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64
Firefox 33.0-46.2
gedit 3.10.4-23.2
leafpad 0.8.18.1-9.1.3

When I type something in either url bar or gedit text editor or even here in the forum like now there is a slight pause before I can move my cursor via the touchpad.  It's about a half second maybe a bit more but it's enough to be irksome.  As I recall it's always happened in Xfce but not during a brief flirtation with MATE 1.8.  hmm 

Oddly it doesn't occur in leafpad text editor, something I'd used previously but just replaced with gedit if for no other reason than gedit was different or offered more features.  If it didn't happen in the forum's Post new topic section I'd suspect gedit, but like I said the url bar pauses too making me suspect my touchpad or one of its config files.

Looking in /home/user/.config didn't reveal anything but I may not have seen something obvious and would appreciate a bit of help.  Many thanks.  big_smile

#2 2014-11-21 17:27:55

MountainDewManiac

Re: [Solved] Touchpad Pause

Reads like you've got your touchpad set to not interfere with text entry. The delay is configurable.

Menu / Settings / Mouse and Touchpad, Devices tab, Touchpad tab (sub-tab?), change the duration or just uncheck "Disable touchpad while typing" to turn off the option altogether.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2014-11-21 18:03:57)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2014-11-21 17:35:59

dubois

Re: [Solved] Touchpad Pause

Mmm.  You were correct.  big_smile  Immediate response from touchpad now.  Thank you kindly.

Board footer