Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-18 00:33:49

MountainDewManiac

Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” Xfce RC released

Clem released the release candidate for Mint 17.1 XFCE today. You can read the announcement on the Linux Mint Blog here:

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2742

The web page has bit torrent links and local HTTP download links for many countries, along with .MD5 checksums for both the 32- and 64-bit versions. As always, please verify the .MD5 checksum of any distro .ISO that you download in order to ensure that what you have downloaded is a bit-for-bit copy of the original file before burning/installing. And please read all of the information provided, including the "What's New in..." and "Release Notes" web pages, before installing.

Again, this is the RC, which means there could potentially be changes before the "final" version of Mint 17.1 XFCE is released. But if you feel like testing it, feel free to download and install it. You'd probably be fine either way, but it might be a good idea to install it on a spare partition and keep your current install of Mint 17 XFCE (or whichever distro your currently use) as your main distro until the final version is released.

BtW, if you currently use Mint 17 XFCE, you will be able to upgrade to Mint 17.1 XFCE "in place" via Update Manager when the final version is officially replaced.

Please be sure to report any bugs/issues you discover to the Mint team!

Disclaimer: I am not a Mint developer, lol, just a regular user. I will most likely NOT be trying out the RC because my laptop's optical drive is not functioning and my fairly recent Samsung laptop does not seem to have any way to boot from USB.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer