Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-20 16:11:29

dklovelaceaz

How do I map ALT-Mouse Button to windows raise or lower

I want to map the windows raise/lower to:

raise: Alt-mouse button 1
lower: Alt-mouse button 3

I could do this in KDE but cannot find any way to do it in XFCE. I am using XFCE since my workstation has been "upgraded" to RHEL 6 which includes the utterly useless KDE 4.3 and I have gone to the trouble of compiling (I don't have root privileges to install) Xfce 4.10 and setting it up.

I really want to do this simple raise/lower command and have not been able to find any other way to accomplish this.

If not possible, is there any way to use xbindkeys to accomplish this? I tried to use xbindkeys to pass the alt-mouse to the key bindings set up in xfce, but it does not seem to work.

#2 2015-02-20 17:23:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How do I map ALT-Mouse Button to windows raise or lower

You must be using something like focus follows mouse.

If not possible, is there any way to use xbindkeys to accomplish this? I tried to use xbindkeys to pass the alt-mouse to the key bindings set up in xfce, but it does not seem to work.

Try these xbindkeys functions:

#Raise a window
"xdotool key shift+alt+Page_Up"
   alt + b:1

...and:

#Lower a window
"xdotool key shift+alt+Page_Down"
   alt + b:3

Note: You need to have xdotool installed.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-02-20 18:59:36

dklovelaceaz

Re: How do I map ALT-Mouse Button to windows raise or lower

Thanks. That did the trick. I had been playing with xdotool and had even tried to use xte to pass the commands using xbindkeys, but the xdotools did the trick.

Board footer