Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-02 20:49:32

nwtxfc

thunar - custom actions - trap left mouse click

Hi,

I would like to trap the left mouse click in thunar on folders. Single click to highlight and show total number of files in folder. Any ideas. Thanks.

#2 2015-03-15 20:02:23

birch

Re: thunar - custom actions - trap left mouse click

I don't know about single-clicking, but the way it works on Windows is to hover over the folder with the cursor and a tooltip appears displaying some information about the folder contents. Thunar doesn't appear to have this feature natively: http://askubuntu.com/questions/162813/c … ouse-hover

That would be a useful addition to Thunar, or some plugin maybe.

#3 2015-03-15 20:44:53

MountainDewManiac

Re: thunar - custom actions - trap left mouse click

I'd like to see it set up so that I could single-click (select) a folder in Thunar and have both the number of items and the size of the folder appear on the status bar at the bottom. I understand why there are no columns already that contain this information, because all of the entries which weren't folders (IOW, files) would have no information in those columns, which might not look right to some people.

I would also like to see the drive's amount of free space be on the status bar when the user selects a folder. As it stands now, that information is there when nothing is selected, but goes away when the user selects an item. This is inconvenient! Yes, the user can click on the "white space" - but if there are more entries in the current folder than there are lines for displaying information in Thunar's window (which is 21 on my system; YMMV), then there is no "white space" to click on. Therefore, the user must then switch to different folder just to see the reported amount of free space. In short, it is amateurish in form and unnecessarily awkward in function.

Perhaps someone can figure out how to add things so that the user can select from "tooltip information," "status bar information," or "both." That would be nice.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer