Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-23 06:00:55

Anarchobunny

Hello everyone! Greeting from Palestine/Israel (Whichever)

I'm Roy, 22 Years old, currently working on getting my mental-disabillity welfare funds, which can be nice being able to live.
I'm not coding that much, though I'm not scared from the textual envrinment, just clueless about it and it fascinates me.
I'm donating for Wikipedia for the past 6 years, since I was in Highschool and I proved my parents that this site both NEEDS money + made my grades as they are (which are good, depending if you're checking to tests I went into in highschool).

I used to help with translating stuff to Hebrew and helping with the bilingual crap on the Linux community, though I rather keep my identity for myself (as for the the nickname recognizers, this means you too - shut up, I beg.)

I'm an outspoken Anti-Zionist, living in Israel (and trying to get fund out of it, but meh. survival. it's better than ideals on many aspects).
English is my second langauge, so I may seem to throw some random phrase while thinking it's something known globally when it's not, though my English is quite good as it is.

I'm trying to get into... hmm.. Helping to the Open-Source Community, I heard that coding is surely important, which is something I want to have an incentive to study.
and moreover, the fact that I chose to use one of my machines with Heb/Arab orientation (right to left), it's linux Mint because Drivers and Politics.

I currently live at my mom's house, I do LOADS of drugs, ranging from softer Weed-Beer shit to harder stuff.

I basically joined joined they Forums to meet up fellow minded people, to help develop bilingual support for XFCE for the Arabic people. and I already listed small fuck-ups with RTL (Right to Left) Usage.

My Hebrew is of course is the langauge I speak from birth, but both langauges are 'RTL' + I would more usage in linux when donating Computers to Palestinians.

In "Real-Life" I take papers that are unordered and order them how my boss likes my to. quite boring but it's good pay with not much effort.
And I'm a political Acticist and member/donator to Israeli Anti-Zionist initiatives ranging from CWI (I'm not a member of this trash. no offence), The the New Israeli fund and Doctors for Human Rights.

Basically I'm here because I got some stuff going on XFCE (Except the fact that it's super-stable which is making me happy) considering the bilingual support.
A short list whould show how many:
#Choosing between a clock say.. with the Orthodox Jewish Cal. or using a Cal. in Hebrew but want the Months the rest of the world uses.
#To have to option to remove the ugly IL (srry for who made it, I'm antizionist, it's the cause. not the art) and Israeli flag when using hebrew, I get that it's cool for most people but it took me a night to change 'il' to show HEB and us to show "ENG" on the "Keyboard layouts" plugin. which I think would be a nice feature for any multilinguals.
Now I'm trying to remove these two flags somehow. (and I'll be happy to get help on where these pics are located so I can change them to stuff I want to be shown)

Even though I'm 22, my experience with Linux is, let's say, Limited, I do not fear the console (I used a machine with i3 and no-mouse as a main computer for a whole year, and it's still my desktop computer) though I do not get along easily sometimes - so I guess I'll be sorry for that when it'll happen.
Happy to see an active XFCE forum, It's my favorite DE though a mouse is quite essential to it. wink

g r e e t i n g s
f e l l o w
XFCE
u s e r s

#2 2015-04-23 10:45:03

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello everyone! Greeting from Palestine/Israel (Whichever)

Hello and welcome to the forums. You'll find many enthusiastic Xfce users here - as well as the occasional developer dropping by.

Just a friendly reminder that these forums are for Xfce and about Xfce. Discussions about religion and politics are not allowed and we respectfully ask that you refrain from making comments on those topics.

Enjoy your stay.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-04-23 15:05:00

Anarchobunny

Re: Hello everyone! Greeting from Palestine/Israel (Whichever)

The exact reason I wrote "Palestine/Israel (Whichever)", I'm not here for my politics, even though I see some open-source contributions as political.
But I'm here as a user of XFCE and a person with an average level of English smile

Board footer