Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-04 20:32:26

RayArdia

Xfburn 0.5.20 doesn't allow burning a DVD

Using Ubuntu 14.04 on an Acer 5735 laptop 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 2x2TB Seagate Expansion Drives.
I downloaded Xfburn from the Ubuntu Software Centre and found that the "Welcome" window didn't include an option for burning a DVD. I then downloaded the latest(?) version  0.5.2 but this gives me the same result.
Am I doing something wrong or is Xfburn not capable of burning DVDs?
Would appreciate some help please!

#2 2015-05-05 02:18:24

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfburn 0.5.20 doesn't allow burning a DVD

What kind of DVD are you trying to make?

If you're system recognizes the DVD, then simply select "New Data Composition" and it will burn the files to the dvd device that you have. Select Edit >> Preference >> Devices to see if your device is being recognized.

Xfburn is a simple CD/DVD burning tool. It just burns (or blanks CDRWs). If you're trying to make Video DVDs, you'll need to create the DVD iso elsewhere and then from within Xfburn, simply select "Burn Image".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-05-05 10:15:05

RayArdia

Trying for a player-compatible DVD from a file   /media/ray/Seagate Expansion Drive/Films & Videos/Butch.Cassidy.And.The.Sundance.Kid.1969.1080p.BluRay.x264./Butch.Cassidy.And.The.Sundance.Kid.1969.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.mp4
I did " simply select "New Data Composition" and it will burn the files to the dvd device that you have. Select Edit >> Preference >> Devices to see if your device is being recognized."
Xfburn stopped completely, there was an error report but I couldn't see how to copy it to you.

#4 2015-05-05 10:36:16

ToZ
Administrator

RayArdia wrote:

Trying for a player-compatible DVD from a file   /media/ray/Seagate Expansion Drive/Films & Videos/Butch.Cassidy.And.The.Sundance.Kid.1969.1080p.BluRay.x264./Butch.Cassidy.And.The.Sundance.Kid.1969.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.mp4

Xfburn will only burn this to a DVD as a file. It won't make it playable on DVDs. You'll need a separate program to convert and prepare it for DVD playback. In the past, I've used devede to create playable DVD discs.

Xfburn stopped completely, there was an error report but I couldn't see how to copy it to you.

If you run "xfburn" from a terminal window, you should get the error message to display on the terminal window. Copy and paste this back. Otherwise, you can use the screenshot tool to capture an image of the error message, host that image on imgur or zimagez, and post back the link to the image.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer