Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-05 09:34:38

frits43

[Solved] placement of iconised programs on panel

Hello,

I just upgraded from debian 7 to 8, which changed xfce from 4.8 to 4.10. My xfce configuration was more-or-less preserved, except for one thing.

My screen has one panel, low, with
left: xfce-menu, several launchers and window-buttons
  expanding separator
right: workspace-switcher, clock, etc.
This is what I want: use as little panel height as possible, and placement be as predictable and stable as possible.

Programs like skype can be iconised, and the icon must be on the right-hand side of the panel.
Unfortunately it places itself left of the separator, right of the window-buttons.
How can I get the iconised programs on the right-hand side of the separator?

Thanks

#2 2015-05-05 10:27:30

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] placement of iconised programs on panel

The Skype icon has to be placed into some sort of holder - it won't just free-sit on the panel. On my system, it has a task button in the window buttons plugin and a notification icon in the notification area (system tray).

Is there a notification area plugin to the left of the separator and right of the window buttons?

Can you post back a screenshot of both your panel with the skype icon and of the Panel >> Panel Preferences >> Items tab?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-05-05 10:56:21

frits43

Re: [Solved] placement of iconised programs on panel

There is indeed a notification area, but you cannot see it. Just (pixel-level) outside an iconised program I could right-click it and move it. Problem solved!

Thank you!

Last edited by frits43 (2015-05-05 10:56:42)

Board footer