Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-15 12:36:39

cmcanulty

[Solved] Settings Help

In the settings Manager there are 2 categories: window manager and window manager tweaks. Is there anyplace I can read an explanation of what some of the things do in the focus category for each, thanks

#2 2015-05-16 02:49:48

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Settings Help

Information on the Window Manager focus options can be found here. Unfortunately, the page on the Window Manager Tweaks focus options, here, are not yet documented. Here is what information I know or can find about the settings on this page:

- Activate focus stealing prevention -> when a window gets focus, such as an alert or notification of an event, it may raise itself and grab focus (moving you away from the application that you are working on). This prevents this from happening.

- Honor Standard ICCCM focus hint -> this one I don't fully understand. More information can be found here, but its not an easy read. I believe it has something to do with input focus. See section 4.1.7 here

- When a window raises itself -> this one is pretty self-explanatory. If a window does raise itself, what would you like to happen? Have the window come to your current workspace, switch your workspace to the one where the window is, or do nothing.

Consider the example of clicking on an email link in a browser that will bring up your email client that is on another workspace. Option 1 will bring the email client to your browser's workspace, option 2 will change your workspace to the workspace that the email client is currently on, and option 3 will do nothing (or in this case, stay on the workspace that the browser is on).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-05-16 06:04:30

MountainDewManiac

You're so (helpful and) informative. Those Xfce webpages would benefit from C&Ping your posts, lol.

Regards (and, as always, thanks),
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2015-05-16 12:19:38

cmcanulty

Thanks I get it now

Board footer