Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-23 01:09:25

wilberfan

Why do my window decorations alternate at each boot?

I have a black theme and a blue theme.   When I boot the machine, I get one...when I boot again I get the other.   Third boot, back to the first one.  And so on....

I tried deleting saved sessions (I don't recall how at this point)--but it's still happening.

Any thoughts?

#2 2015-05-23 01:28:40

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Why do my window decorations alternate at each boot?

Does the same happen if you log out and back in again?

What version of Xfce? Which distro?

Do you have anything in your autostart that would switch themes?

Anything in your xsession or display manager log files that might indicate a crash of some sort during the log out process?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-05-24 00:36:23

wilberfan

ToZ wrote:

Does the same happen if you log out and back in again?

What version of Xfce? Which distro?

Do you have anything in your autostart that would switch themes?

Anything in your xsession or display manager log files that might indicate a crash of some sort during the log out process?

Logging out and back in does NOT change the theme.  It seems to happen only during reboots.   I'm running XFCE 4.12 on a 32-bit Arch Linux install.  I don't see anything obvious in autostart that would change the theme.   I'm not sure where to find those two log files, sorry...  :-/

#4 2015-05-24 01:12:54

ToZ
Administrator

This is a really odd thing to happen.

How do you reboot? Do you enter a command? Click on a menu option?
Does it happen if you shutdown, then restart (as opposed to rebooting)? Maybe the reboot sequence isn't completing successfully (though I don't exactly see how this would create the theme toggling effect that you are seeing)?

In Arch Linux, how do you start Xfce? Do you use a display manager (lightdm, gdm, mdm, etc) or manually run startx or startxfce4?
By default in Arch, you won't have an xsession log file unless you (or the display manager if you're running one) creates one.

I honestly cannot think of a scenario where the end result would be a toggling of the theme like that. Something really strange is happening.
Is this specific to your user account? If you create a new account, can you replicate the effect?

btw: to delete sessions, go to Settings Manager >> Session and Startup >> Session >> Clear Saved Sessions.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer