Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-06 00:56:41

GameCodingNinja

Xfce4 trashcan works intermittently

I've rebuilt my linux machine with the latest LFS/BLFS books so there's bound to be some issues. When booting into Xfce4, sometimes the trash can will show, most of the time it wont. In the desktop settings app, on the icon tab, the trash can is listed and selected. I can get it to display by un-selecting and re-selecting it. gvfs is installed. Sometimes it will work correctly when doing this. Other times it's just there for show and deleting stuff will not show up in it or I'll be asked if I want to delete the files. I have compiled the latest version of all the files.

Any thoughts?

#2 2015-06-06 15:40:24

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce4 trashcan works intermittently

You're doing the linux from scratch install, right?

There has been a lot of recent work on trash can synchronization done for Thunar 1.6.10 (release May 22nd). See:
- https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9513
- https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11913

...that fixed trash can inconsistencies.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-06-07 00:51:39

GameCodingNinja

Re: Xfce4 trashcan works intermittently

Yep, Linux from Scratch install.

I read through the two links so I can see they are having a problem getting it to work everywhere. It works fine on my old single core LFS install but on my slightly newer duel core LFS install, the issue persists. Worked fine on both installs with Thunar 1.6.4. I'm having this problem with Thunar 1.6.10. I'm also using Gvfs 1.20.2. Perhaps I'll try Thunar 1.6.6 since that's the version listed with the downloads.

At least I know there's nothing more I can do. Seems to be a synchronization issue between Thunar and Gvfs.

Board footer