Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-07 14:57:01

mediumblue

[Solved] Launcher shows only one icon, collapsing the rest

Hi
I added two items to launcher plugin, but only displays first.
Does it possible set launcher width to display 2 items?
Standard launcher is very good and I also can't install quicklauncher cause it is not available in epel.

CentOS 7.1.1503, xfce 4.10
Thanks.

Last edited by mediumblue (2015-06-07 14:57:15)

#2 2015-06-07 15:12:54

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Launcher shows only one icon, collapsing the rest

The solution is to create 2 launchers - one for each item.

The purpose of adding multiple items to a launcher is to have a slide-out effect where only one icon is visible, but clicking on that icon slides out a listing of all the other icons attached to that launcher.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-06-07 15:39:29

mediumblue

Re: [Solved] Launcher shows only one icon, collapsing the rest

ToZ wrote:

The solution is to create 2 launchers - one for each item.

The purpose of adding multiple items to a launcher is to have a slide-out effect where only one icon is visible, but clicking on that icon slides out a listing of all the other icons attached to that launcher.

Thank you, now I got that it really makes sense: both browsers combined to one button, two text editors combined into another.

Offtopic: While trying linux on desktop I spent whole day messing with gnome, then installed XFCE I found it exactly what I need, everything is logical and done right, I even configured it according to my windows habits in just 30 minutes. Absolutely don't understand how people can use modern gnome when XFCE exists. Maybe some conspiracy. Sad that centos not shipped with full XFCE out of the box.

Board footer