Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-13 18:14:06

GameCodingNinja

Starting xfce with --with-ck-launch

Depending on where you look, it's suggested to start Xfce with ConsoleKit but I can't tell the difference with or without it.

What does it do for Xfce?

#2 2015-06-13 18:53:27

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Starting xfce with --with-ck-launch

Consolekit is a framework for managing users, login sessions, and seats. More detailed information can be found here.

Its important to note that the original ConsoleKit is no longer being maintained and is being and is being replaced by systemd-logind. However, it has been forked for continued use.

Depending on the distro that you are using (many are porting over to systemd), you may not even be using consolekit. I don't have a system around that uses consolekit anymore, but if I remember correctly, if you run:

ck-list-sessions

...you should get a response of sorts indicating which CK sessions are active, if consolekit is being used.

If you want to experiment with it active and inactive, try doing things like suspending, shutting down, mounting devices, etc to see if it works.

More info on ConsoleKit/Xfce integration here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-06-14 00:26:43

GameCodingNinja

Re: Starting xfce with --with-ck-launch

Mine is a LFS build that uses SysInit. Running Xfce without ConsolKit, I still can shut down, restart, etc. I don't think I need it because nothing seems to be any different when it's running.

Board footer