Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-17 11:44:34

ruohtula

[Solved] How to disable "widening" of window it hitting top?

I like XFCE but the window manager has one irritating feature (unfortunately shared by some other desktops as well) that if a window is dragged using its titlebar to the very upper margin of the screen, it often suddenly widens to be as wide as the screen. Maybe this is useful to some, but I would like the window to do nothing special when it has been dragged to the top. Unfortunately I have not found any setting to turn this off. Is it possible? (Using XFCE 4.10, as it was easily obtained on EPEL for CentOS 7).

#2 2015-06-17 12:04:23

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] How to disable "widening" of window it hitting top?

This is the tiling feature that was added to the window manager. You can turn off tiling via Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks >> Accessibility >> "Automatically tile windows...". Unfortunately, this will turn off tiling at all screen edges, not just the top.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-06-18 06:04:39

ruohtula

ToZ wrote:

This is the tiling feature that was added to the window manager. You can turn off tiling via Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks >> Accessibility >> "Automatically tile windows...". Unfortunately, this will turn off tiling at all screen edges, not just the top.

Thanks! That solved the problem. I must admit I would have never found that setting. (I think the default mode was poorly chosen here).

#4 2015-06-18 20:40:48

Sideburns
Website

You might want to mark this thread as Solved, ruohtula so that other members will know that they can find the answer here if they ever need it.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Board footer