Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-22 04:12:31

Axiomo

How can I change the colour of the panel text?

My panel has Wi-Fi and power management icons. I normally like a black background, but am not averse to the default white of the system. But the power management and Wi-Fi icons seem to have white backgrounds, forcing me to use a white panel to match.

I suspected it might be controlled by my GTK theme, so I went to /usr/share/themes/Trisquel/gtk-2.0/widgets (the theme I'm using) and edited the file "panel.rc". I replaced the "theme-panel-text" section with this:

style "theme-panel-text"
{
	fg[NORMAL]	= "#0a0a0a"
	fg[PRELIGHT]	= "#000000"
	fg[ACTIVE]	= "#0a0a0a"
	text[NORMAL]	= "#0a0a0a"
	text[PRELIGHT]	= "#000000"
	text[ACTIVE]	= "#0a0a0a"
}

Then I logged out and logged back in. It didn't appear to have had any effect.

My question is: how can I (a) change the Wi-Fi and power management icons so that they have backgrounds that blend into the panel, or (b) change the text colour of the panel? I've found ways to change everything BUT this in Xfce, which is what I love about it.

#2 2014-01-22 04:25:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How can I change the colour of the panel text?

To remove the background colour of the plugins (nm-applet/power-manager), have a look at this thread. You will need the panel-button-hover.png image from post #10 and the code from post #18 in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file (create if it doesn't exist).

If you want to change the colour of the icon, you'll have to find another icon theme or create the icons yourself.

If you want to change the colour of the text on the panel, I suggest using gtk-theme-config (though I'm not sure if the PPA will work on Trisquel).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-07-02 04:56:41

temporaryuser

Re: How can I change the colour of the panel text?

Hi, i'm using slackware 14.1 with XFCE and Xfce-dusk as theme and I changed the panel1 collor editing the gtk.css

vim /usr/share/themes/Xfce-dusk/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

change the line

@define-color fg_insensitive #151515;
to
@define-color fg_insensitive #ffffff;

It's works

Board footer