Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-02 07:27:18

Emoryy

Panel shows windows from the wrong display with dual monitor setup

I use a laptop with an external monitor connected, and I use the external as the primary one.
I have a panel on both displays, with a window button list on each one, which should display application windows only from their respective displays.
The problem is that both panels always show windows only from the laptop display at system startup.
My workaround is that I set the panel on the external display to vertical and then to horizontal again, this fixes the window list.
However doing this on every startup is quite tedious.

My XFCE version is 4.12.
I have this phenomenon happening on all two of my laptops, I use both of them with identical dual screen setup, and also I run Arch on both of them. (More exactly Antergos on one of them, which is an Arch based distro)

#2 2015-07-02 12:21:16

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Panel shows windows from the wrong display with dual monitor setup

I also run Xfce on Arch, but I don't experience this problem (dual monitor setup as well - configured as you specify above). However, I don't use Xfce from the arch repositories, I build directly from git. That being said, there is very little change between the xfce4-panel version in the arch repositories and the state of the current git tree - nothing that would affect the window buttons plugin.

To confirm, on the Window Button properties for the external monitor, do you have "show windows from all monitors" unchecked?

Nevertheless, its interesting that this happening on both of your installs and that changing the orientation of the plugin fixes it. A couple of suggestions for things to try:

1. Clear your sessions cache to see if that helps (Settings Manager >> Session and Startup >> Session tab >> "clear saved sessions")
2. Run xfce4-panel in debug mode to see if any interesting messages are displayed.

Otherwise, you might want to create a bug report.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer