Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-03 02:38:23

junioredge1

White Squares around Notification panel applets with Orchis GTK+ theme

I've lately updated my netbook to Xubuntu 15.04, and i'm having a problem with white squares showing around some panel notification applets while using the Orchis GTK theme, as seen here:
1zg57h3.png
If it helps, i'm running XFCE 4.12, and I think I've narrowed the problem down to "/usr/share/themes/Orchis/gtk-2.0/Apps/xfce.rc", plus, the website for the Orchis GTK theme is at http://snwh.org/moka/. Hopefully this is an easy fix, because then I may have to switch to a different theme (which may be a good thing). Plus, if you're wondering, it also appears when using the horizontal and deskbar panels.

#2 2015-07-03 10:38:57

ToZ
Administrator

Re: White Squares around Notification panel applets with Orchis GTK+ theme

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Xubuntu 15.04 uses GTK 3.14 and this particular theme hasn't yet been updated to support GTK 3,14 (Gnome has an annoying tendency of breaking theme functionality with every major release). This particular theme has other issues (e.g. missing checkbox assets). You'd probably be better off finding another theme that supports GTK 3.14 or ask the author to update the theme.

EDIT: A quick fix for the border issue is to delete the gtk-3.0/gtk-widget-borders.css file from the theme. (not sure what effect this will have on other elements of the theme).

Last edited by ToZ (2015-07-03 10:44:23)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-07-03 15:03:36

junioredge1

Re: White Squares around Notification panel applets with Orchis GTK+ theme

Wow, that was quick! Anyways, thanks for the help, I guess I'll try your quick fix, and if that doesn't work try and find a different theme that supports GTK 3.14. (I still can't get over how quick that was, maybe it's just because I'm used to slow responses)

Board footer