Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-09 14:25:58

majestyx
Website

[Solved] How i change Text Font at Panel (only one panel on my XFCE)

Hello all,

i use XFCE Panel 4.12.0.3-fc22 and i will change the Font Color of the Panel. (from Black to White e.g.) how can i do this? - i have read some thinks about (XFCE) Settings Manager. My Idea: I click on "new" (property) and set "font-color" it this possible? smile

thanks

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

#2 2015-07-09 15:52:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] How i change Text Font at Panel (only one panel on my XFCE)

You can't set different font colours for different panels. you can, however, set different font colours for individual widgets on panels.

Have a look at this thread for the basic idea. To identify the widget name, go to the Items Tab of the Panel Properties and hover your mouse over the widget that you want to affect. Then you can use that widget name in the last part of the hack to effect just that widget. A basic example, to change the colour of the Applications Menu panel text, would be something like:

style "appmenu_font_colour" {
        fg[NORMAL] = "#729fcf"
        fg[PRELIGHT] = "#729fcf"
        fg[SELECTED] = "#729fcf"
        fg[ACTIVE] = "#729fcf"
}
widget "*applicationsmenu-*" style "appmenu_font_colour"

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-07-09 17:55:27

majestyx
Website

Re: [Solved] How i change Text Font at Panel (only one panel on my XFCE)

yep! it works. thanks!

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

Board footer