Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-15 19:47:18

Sideburns
Website

Odd wallpaper issue

I'm using Xfce 4.10 and Compiz on Fedora 19.  I have my Desktop set to use a random image from a list, and for the most part, it works fine.  However, I added a new image today and wanted to see what it looked like without waiting until it came up by chance.  I opened up the Desktop Settings, highlighted the new image and went from Image List to Single Image expecting my wallpaper to change to the one I'd selected.

It didn't.  It switched the wallpaper to a completely different image and the list of possible wallpapers vanished, except for the one displayed and the default.  When I switched back to image list, everything came back to normal.  I've tried several times both before and after a reboot, and the same thing happens every time, including changing to the same image each time I've tried it.  Sometimes it comes back to the image that was there before, but most of the time it picks a different one.  I haven't checked the Xfce Bugzilla yet, because I wanted to see what others had to say first.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2015-07-15 20:39:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Odd wallpaper issue

I don't have a 4.10 desktop available to test (actually I do, but the system isn't booting right now -_- ) but I believe this is how it worked in that version. There were 2 separate "states", single wallpaper and image list. IIRC, there were 2 separate xconf keys for this as well. When in "image list" mode, it would list the images from your list, and when in single wallpaper mode, it would list the default wallpapers along with your current selection.

Also, if you are randomizing your image list, every time you enable the image list option, it would select a new random image. And it wasn't a true randomize function, so alot of times the same image would come back.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-07-15 20:46:30

Sideburns
Website

Re: Odd wallpaper issue

That's nice, except for one thing: When I go to Single Image, it always selects the same image, which is never the one that's currently displayed.  And, the rest of the images that are in the list aren't shown.  Checking, I can use the + sign to select the image I wanted, but if I go back to the list and try again, I have to do that all over again.

However, from what you say that's not a bug as such, and I know it's not for the current version, so opening a bug is probably a waste of time.  Thanx for getting back to me.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Board footer