Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-09 12:42:24

akovia

Custom Action Environment

My last question was answered so easily and thought I'd try to go 2 for 2.

One thing I have never been able to figure out is the environment used when launching a custom action. I launch a lot of scripts as actions and have it launch a terminal window held open so I can troubleshoot or just see how the command was executed.

ie..

xfce4-terminal -H -x command %F

My question is that the terminal window left open is never in color with my regular syntax highlighting. I know this is a small thing and just figured it was launching the command as a different user without my environment commands, but I just made a test custom action to launch the env command and it seems to actually use my environment, but it's still not in color.

This was using a different terminal just to make sure it wasn't the terminal itself.

terminator --profile stayopen --geometry 1280x720+820+150 --borderless -x env

Am I missing something obvious again?

Arch Linux

#2 2015-08-09 16:59:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Custom Action Environment

Most probably, your colour definitions are done via some sort of alias. Using bash as an example, you will see something like:

alias ls='ls --color=auto'

...in one of your bash startup files. This makes the ls listings in color.

The problem with bash is that aliases are not expanded when the shell is not interactive (see "man bash").

There is a way to make them work. Have a look at this post and thread for a discussion and method to get it to work.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer