Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-16 02:08:11

deleted3

XFWM to Open Surf at a specified size?

Hi All,

How do I get the XFCE Window Manager to open surf to a specific size?

Thanks,

Dennis

#2 2015-09-16 03:15:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: XFWM to Open Surf at a specified size?

The Xfce window manager won't do that. Since it doesn't seem like surf supports the geometry parameter (I could be wrong), you could use something like devilspie.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-09-16 03:20:51

MountainDewManiac

Have you looked in surf's config.h file to see if there is a line that looks like the following (or if adding one helps)?

MiscDefaultGeometry=X*Y*Z

Seems like that was how one (used to, at least) configure the terminal to open with a specific size, IIRC.

Failing that - and if no one here knows, of course - you might find something at Arch Linux's Wiki page on Surf, as the Arch Wiki seems to have lots of little gems in it. Or try surf's homepage. BtW, I saw when searching just now to see what "surf" is that there is something called "tabbed" that one can install to add tab functionality if so desired.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Surf

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2015-09-16 03:33:34

deleted3

I have not checked the config file yet. I was hoping I could just do it from the CLI. I have wmctrl and it works great to resize apps that are already open, but I cannot seem to figure how to apply it to new windows. I will check the config file.

Board footer